Monday, June 10, 2013

The quest for holy grail, the homecoming

Saddle up folks. These people will be your immediate neighbors for the next 12hrs
Oliver has a thing for Tom cruise. He couldn't stop looking at his picture in the movie magazine. 
Upon first meeting, grandma Erickson says, " he kinda looks like an Asian Tom cruise."  Ha!


Mike tells me upon takeoff , the scariest thing about this flight is where we fly out being the busiest  airspace in the world.   Uhhhh, look outside. Pretty sure that plane is less than 100 yards  away and that's just out my tiny window. Meds administered!
Similar view and haze, landing in LA. And no there are not any air transit pictures. It was survival, denial, and revival. No need for documenting .
Immigration intake at LAX
And ahhhhh, the admirals club, Los Angeles USA. Thank you god, thank you pa!
Poopin on the window watchin planes. That's my boy
After 4 diaper changes and 2 pant changes in 3 hrs, we made the walk. The walk we have yearned for and focused on like a contraction focus object for 24 hrs. The walk to your open armed family and friends. 
The first perfect, cherub, grown up, emotional girl I saw. My sweet, sweet Lucy. So strong, so brave. So happy to have her baby brother home. 
Anna dola, my second greeter. The daughter of my great friend Susie. The one that took over my camera from that point forward so I could relish in these moments again and again. That I tell you is priceless . From the bottom of my heart Susie, thank you for my memories. As we all know moments like this are gone in an instant. And I am am especially fond of capturing fleeting life changing moments.  
Big sister Charlotte and little brother Oliver's first gaze. 

I die for this moment. Holding my used to be littlest , now so big. 
Daddy and his youngest girl. They missed each their oh so, so much

The amazing family that supported our girls while we were gone. 
Neha and Charlotte checking each others accessories . 
My favorite image of the whole lot. The one that refines it all down to the pure joy in my life and the simplicity and perfection in believing in your destiny. Mommy with her kids. All 4 together. The holy grail!
Nana and neha. Neha mentioned one time that she missed her pool. She then followed that with, "and I miss bobo."
These girls missed  each other dearly. They had been together and made it through the India trip less than a year and a half ago. These girls have a history that had a hiccup, and it was apparent with their love for each other at their reunion. 
The grin finally came. After a high five from pa. 
First car seat ride. Loved it 
 The iPhone reveal. With a picture of his no less. Probably could have waited on that for a few weeks. 
Oliver's new reality. 4 girls (me included) to faun and dote on him. I'm pretty sure that is just what this boy needed. 
Don't worry parents, this kid does not put anything in his mouth. So playing with lose change is no cause for alarm. And apparently neither is the mammoth beast behind them. 
Surrounded with pets. Oliver never really thought twice about it. 
Lucas Kimble. Missed him but boy does he cause a ruckus at night when you have finally just fallen asleep. House hold menace. 
Just a hint of some of the amazing  awesomeness of my house sitter. 
Yes, she made everything. Yes, she cleaned and stocked my fridge. Yes she kept every single plant alive and with care. And yes she bought my dogs tags with her number on it, cause my phone number wasn't going to do anybody any good. I was content,  not stressed, provided for and comforted by my my favorite foods. Again, a priceless gift from a friend that I will never forget. 
Oh and yes she made the most bad ass cookies I have ever eaten. Fresh and chewy. No wonder I indulged in a whole bottle of wine by myself and spent the night eating and photographing food and my fridge. It's a beautiful thing. 
The girls upon waking. Almost as if it was Christmas morning. So happy to have their brother home. At last! 



















































2 Comments:

At June 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Not By Chance said...

Erica!

We do looooovvveee you and your family soooo much!

L,
Sus

 
At June 15, 2013 at 7:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww!! Love this post! You are welcome, too! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home